Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
Clinical Laboratory Supervisor
***Please send us your resume and a statement of interest that tells us why you think you are our person and we are your company to Alan Pourpak at email@example.com. Keep it to 400 words or less – pithy and poignant***
Become an integral part of a startup taking an innovative medical diagnostic platform through initial regulatory approval, market launch and product scale-up. You will function as the managing technologist responsible for the day-to-day supervision and operations of the CLIA-certified clinical laboratory.
We are a can-do organization and are seeking candidates who want to jump in and add value. The right candidate for this job has:
An appetite for risk. Brevitest is a startup with huge ambitions and a high likelihood of falling short of those ambitions. This is not a job for someone who fears failure.
A willingness to work. This job is only for people who want to get their hands dirty. It will be like jumping into a raft running the rapids – you’ll need to grab an oar and get to work. We like people who have mad skills and are still humble.
An obsession with getting things organized. You need to think strategically and also execute tactically. If you like to make lists and check things off of them by getting things done, you might be right for Brevitest.
A passion for excellence and team spirit. We are a close-knit group. We’ve spent a lot of late nights and weekends getting to where we are. We want someone who shares our goals and can help us execute in a highly regulated space.
Knowledge and proven experience that will help us win. The more you know about the following, the more you can help:
- Overseeing establishment of CLIA-certified laboratory
- Overseeing daily laboratory operations
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards as well as established standard operating procedures related to pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical processes
- Performing and reporting validated clinical diagnostics tests. This includes performing testing for, and data submission of, samples for any relevant proficiency testing
- Writing, reviewing and updating standard operating procedures with approval of the Medical Director
- Maintaining clear, legible, well-documented laboratory records
- Conducting new test validation
- Operating and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Ensuring safety and maintaining laboratory cleanliness and organization
- Maintaining laboratory supply levels and ordering supplies
- Hiring, training and orienting new laboratory employees
- Conducting competency assessment of laboratory staff
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology or related field with minimum 4 years of experience in a clinical setting with hands-on involvement in molecular/genetics testing is required.
- Or Master’s Degree in in molecular biology or related field with minimum 3 years of experience in a clinical setting with hands-on involvement in molecular/genetics testing is required.
- Or Ph.D. Degree in molecular biology or related field with minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical setting with hands-on involvement in molecular/genetics testing is required.
You need to be able to lead and follow, give and receive feedback and redirection. Sure, we got a lot of smart people, but being smart is not the same as being right, so you need to be willing to tell someone smarter than you that their idea is stupid.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of molecular biology in a clinical setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 10 pounds
- The position is based in Houston and we need you to physically work here in the office—not remotely
- Fluent in English and able to legally work in the US without sponsorship
It’ll be ok, you won’t get rich off of your salary and bonus. If we win big, you will too with your equity. That’s what we are aiming for.
Company Overview | Brevitest Technologies LLC
Brevitest Technologies, LLC (“Brevitest”), a portfolio company of Fannin Partners, LLC, has been developing a pioneering “diagnostics as a service” platform that can run medium-complexity, rapid, quantitative immunoassays at or near the point of care for such analytes as opioids, PSA, TSH and vitamin D. You can check out our website, brevitest.com but we’re in semi-stealth mode so you won’t learn much.
Please send us your resume and a statement of interest that tells us why you think you are our person and we are your company to Alan Pourpak at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep it to 400 words or less – pithy and poignant.