IN THE NEWS
Medical Design Technology, April 2016
Life Science Daily, April 2016
Houston Business Journal, April 2016
Medical Design & Outsourcing, December 2015
Clinical Lab Products, September 2015
Houston BreviTest Device Granted $25,000 Goradia Innovation Prize
BioNewsTexas, November 2014
BREVITEST TECHNOLOGIESis developing a biomedical assay platform technology that could allow consumers, patients, caregivers, and others to more easily detect and quantify molecules of interest from a variety of sample types like blood, saliva, urine and water. This approach provides for a compact point-of-care diagnostics that is sensitive, specific and rapid. The BreviTest platform can be applied to a broad array of diagnostic tests, including those in emergency and non-emergency settings, allergen detection, home monitoring of chronic diseases as well as physiological conditions.
This is a broadly applicable platform technology targeted towards markets with an unmet need for a sensitive, easy-to-use, point-of-care method to quantify molecules. BreviTest’s product not only provides solutions for the traditional point-of-care clinical markets, estimated to be $25 billion worldwide by 2016, but also has the potential for use in diverse other areas where a cheap, portable, quick and user-friendly bioanalytical method is needed. We are working with co-developmental partners to develop and test the technology further with the goal of reaching a wide range of markets including clinical, veterinary, law enforcement, population screening, forensic, environmental, toxicology, and lifestyle applications. Some of our current collaborators include Cayman Chemical Company, APC Health LLC, CDC, antibody manufacturers, and health sciences universities.
1. Platform technology: Can test for a variety of analytes, including proteins, small molecules, and serum antibodies (serology).
2. Accurate: Inherently similar to laboratory ELISA tests.
4. Portable: Length 9”; form factor of a sub sandwich; long-life battery.
6. User-friendly: Single-point user intervention via smartphone or PC.
7. Complete system: Analyzer performs entire ELISA, including optical reading and data upload to cloud; no additional equipment needed.